like with nearly everything i do, i'm anal about how i grade my essays. i don't want any parent to come back and bite me in the behind. so, i use a rubric. and i use a different rubric for each assignment. obviously i'm looking for different things in different assignments, and i let students know what i want on the prompt. i always try to make sure my prompt and my rubric match up. i sometimes even give assignments and rubrics to students in other classes to see if they think it makes sense.
anyways, i'm rambling...so, plans for spring break:
- make rubric for persuasive essays.
- grade persuasive essays.
- look over term paper outlines.
- score and enter vocab quizzes in book.
- clean out remainder of grading from my bag.
- work out on a daily basis.
- find some time to be a lazy bum on the couch.
- apartment shopping.